Saturday, May 05, 2012

A purse... or two... or three....

I've made the cutest little purses... I saw these purses somewhere a while back, and I really felt the urge to try and make one. So the other night, I sat down and made one for Maja.... I used a 15x15 cm piece of paper that I scored at 3,2cm on opposite sides, and then turned and scored at 6,4cm on the other two (opposite) sides (did that make sense at all...??). It's a bit hard to explain the next fold, so I'm not even going to try... After all the folding was done, I embossed it with my flower embossing folder and rubbed some ink over it to colour it. I've used different cutting dies to decorate it, and a piece of velcro (under that little flap) to keep it shut. And, of course, some ribbon for handles.
When Maja saw the purse, she really wanted to make one for her friends birthday, so we did. Do you think Susie wanted one too....?? YES! She wanted a blue one.... She wasn't too pleased that I spelt her name with different letters than the other two purses though... even though I like those letters better... (that reminds me that I need to get some more alphabet dies...)
These purses were real fun to make, and easy too. I'm sure I'm going to make more of these...

I'm entering in these challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Monthly Challenge - #23 - Ribbon or twine.
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Skrev en lang kommentar på disse veskene i går, men borte ble den. Fine.....Ja. Håper den gjorde lykke som bursdagsgave.